- Inventory – not just for retail stores! Know what you have from clothes to paper towels.
- Neutral is good. Spend 10/15 minutes each night getting your house back to “neutral”.
- Quality over quantity. Pay a little more for a higher quality item.
- Schedule daily tasks. Monday: vacuum, Tuesday: sweep, Wednesday: skip day…
- Don’t tackle too much at one time. Organize one space and move on, don’t try and conquer the entire house in one weekend.
- Don’t break the bank with new organization tools/bins. Use what you have already!
- Get the family involved! Each family member is in charge of an area, show them how it should be organized and how to clean it. Then they can’t say “But, I don’t know how!”